One of the latest trends that is taking the trade show industry by storm is the adaptation of an eco-friendly mindset by organizers. Business owners who want to strike a balance between putting on an over-the-top event and reducing their carbon footprint have a range of options.
Top 5 Worksheet for “Greening” Your Trade Show
This quick trade show checklist takes the hassle out of countless hours of research and gives organizers insight on how to plan a green-friendly show:
- Use Recycled Paper Products – One of the top tips for going green is to buy recycled paper products for printing promotional materials. Think business cards, brochures, or flyers, for example. Sustainable printing products can be easily purchased online or at popular retailers like Staples, Office Depot, or Wal-Mart.
- Switch to LED Lighting – Some green advocates propose getting rid of lighting altogether to conserve energy, however, there’s a better way. LED lights are proven to use significantly less energy compared to conventional incandescent lighting. According to Energy.gov, LED bulbs that are “Energy Star” rated use roughly 75% less energy and last up to 25 times longer. Industrial and commercial sectors have taken note and are increasingly making the switch.
- Rent vs. Buy – Trade show booth rentals are cost-friendlier alternatives to buying and are ideal for organizers planning one-time events. Not only will you save more money on a rental, you’ll also cut back on landfill waste as these rentals can be reused time and time again. Structure Exhibits houses an expansive range of exhibit rentals to match your style and budget, including 10 x 10 stand options, 20 x 20 and larger island booths, and inline exhibits including both custom and modular islands.
- Capitalize on Digital Media – To reduce paper consumption while still sending your company’s message home, leverage the power of digital media. Structure Exhibits takes the hard work out of sourcing and setting up these trendy displays. From CPUs to portable tablets, LED video walls to kiosks, and much more, there’s no shortage of options to choose from. In addition to significantly reducing waste from business cards and brochures, digital platforms give you the opportunity to tap into a broader audience base. Case In Point: Integrate social media icons to help participants share content easily with the touch of a button.
- Streamline Shipping – One of the biggest monetary and ecological expenses when organizing trade shows is shipping and handling. To lower fuel consumption and freight expenses, turn to Structure Exhibits. Regardless of where your trade show is taking place, our company has an extensive network of partners from coast to coast to cut down on shipping costs. We also simplify the staging process with our storage and asset management program.
Make the Strategic Move to Go Green
With many sectors adapting green-friendly trends, there’s no reason to give up style and quality to put on a socially responsible show. To learn more about our green-friendly trade show services, call us at 1-888-633-4162.